Sunday, October 28, 2007

message from a student

I just received this message from a student in my American Studies class. What more can I say, except that I am so fortunate to have a job that I absolutely love and that gives back so much more than I put into it.

I'd like to thank you again for inspiring us and giving a hand. It's so nice of you! Special thanks for attached files on American Studies. I'll probably
use them on my teaching practicum,if you don't mind. Besides, I find
them practically useful on my current job. I'm working as a teacher
of English now (at one university). I really like my job! I find it so
interesting to work with my students. Unfortunately,I have no idea how
to make them speak! They're so shy! Sometimes I just run out of
patience! I go on repeating them the same thing we have learned
before,lesson by lesson. I surely do not blame them for that. Like
they I was too shy to speak English when I was at the same age and
level. However,I see how they are trying hard. All the time I carry on
telling them what a great leap they've made when comparing with the
previous times. I believe they'll do their best very soon. And,as you said,they ll
never let me down.

I loved your lectures we attended. In fact,I got more than I expected
to. Usually,as soon as I leave the class,I forget everything that was
told. But I remember almost every topic we discussed in your
class,that's the most amazing thing for me! ))

From the bottom of my heart,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. Any shadow of a doubt that you've ever had should be allayed by that message. Cool thing about inspiration is when it turns back on itself and doubles in bulk....keep up the great work, Cris!
Pat